Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 10 mins Yield: 1 jar
1 1/2 cups hazelnuts
1/2 cup 70% dark chocolate
1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes, or until lightly colored.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place the hazelnuts in the center of a kitchen hand towel and close all 4 edges to make a pouch. Use your hands to rub the hazelnuts in the towel to remove the skins. (This will be much quicker than doing them all individually by hand!)
- Once the skins are removed, place the hazelnuts in a high-speed blender or food processor until they are finely ground. (Should look like a flour)
- Next melt the dark chocolate in a bowl with the coconut milk, maple syrup, and salt. (either by microwave for 1-2 minutes, or using a double broiler method)
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the blender with the hazelnuts and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Store in a jar in the fridge.